Combination of Raman spectroscopy and atomic force microscopy (AFM)
Raman spectroscopy (or microspectroscopy), by measuring molecular vibrations, provides information about the chemical composition and morphology of the material. The AFM then informs about the structural and topographic properties of the material surface in units of nanometers. The Raman-AFM connection is therefore a logical solution for materials engineering, or other fields examining the surfaces of various materials.
Our solution of this connection provides, in one measurement, essential information about the topography (and other information about the surface of the material) in close connection with a detailed analysis of the chemical composition of the examined surface (including its morphology). The combination of the DXR3 Raman microscopeand the NT-MDT Ntegra Spectra AFM microscope provides an integrated, flexible and user-friendly connection, which aims to quickly maximize the understanding of the investigated materials in the spatial resolution of nanometers.
The Raman-AFM combination of these two customer-proven systems provides (in conjunction with user-friendly software) a comprehensive analytical solution for scientific and routine analysis:
- DXR3 Raman Microscope: high-performance and variable system (excitation lasers, gratings, polarization, etc.)
- Special software for complementary Raman-AFM analysis
- Large selection of excitation lasers + control of excitation laser power on the sample with great accuracy
- Simple TERS implementation
- High-performance, variable SPM (Scanning Probe Microscopy) for a wide range of methods and samples